RYA and ISA approved – by Irish Offshore Sailing.
Proposed Dates: Evening of July 29th and all day July 30th or
Evening of Aug 4th and all day Aug 5th
Location: Tralee area
Cost: It costs a max of €1500 to hold the course, so if 5 people sign up, it would be a max of €300 each, if 12 people it would be a max of €125.
Max No.: 12 – on basis of first in with deposit of €50 gets a place.
Please contact Brian O’Sullivan of O’Sullivans Marine
on 0667124524 or 0872600066
Soon as this has to be booked on Monday next!
More Information see below
The course is a 2 day course and is completed in 2 sections. One of the days is the Liferaft and Lifesaving equipment practical session, completed in a pool or in the sea, this is the equivalent of the Sea Survival Course in the UK. The other day is class room based and covers:
- Care and maintenance of safety equipment
- Storm sails
- Damage control and repair
- Heavy Weather – crew routines, boat handling, drogues
- Man overboard prevention and recovery
- Giving assistance to other craft
- SAR organisation and methods
- Weather forecasting
Cert valid for 5 years!